If you’re about to close on a real estate property, congratulations! While the real estate closing process can be complex, working with an experienced title insurance agency can help make things go more smoothly. Here are some of the ways a title insurance agency can help your closing:
1. Title Insurance Agencies Keep Your Real Estate Purchase Moving Forward
A title agency is uniquely qualified to accomplish all the tasks necessary to ensure a smooth purchase from start to finish.
- They thoroughly search the property’s title history to ensure it’s clear.
- They verify the current owner is the rightful owner of the property. If they don’t own the property, they can’t sell it.
- They ensure no outstanding liens or title encumbrances on the property. If there are, they must be addressed before closing.
- They conduct a thorough review of the purchase agreement.
- They provide a Title Insurance Policy outlining the terms of your coverage.
Without proper research and review, you may not know what problems the property has until it’s too late to do anything about it. Title insurance agencies are necessary to help you avoid problems and keep your transaction on track.
2. Experts in Closing Preparation
Even after all the research and verification is complete, there is still much work to be done for the closing. Your title search company in New Jersey is critical to ensuring the closing is as efficient as possible for all parties involved.
- They help to ensure that all the paperwork is in order.
- They help coordinate with the other parties involved in the closing, including your mortgage lender, real estate agent, and closing attorney.
- They help resolve any issues that come up during the closing process.
Sometimes getting everyone on the same page can be difficult. Your title insurance agency is often vital in organizing many moving parts required for a successful closing.
3. Finding a Local New Jersy Title Insurance Agency Perfect for Your Transaction
The professionals you have selected for your transaction can help you choose the right title company. Your local title insurance agency will understand the local market and which company best suits your specific transaction. Choosing the most appropriate team will go a long way to a smooth closing.
4. Review the Title Insurance Policy Before Closing
Before you close on your new home, review the title insurance policy with your agent or attorney. Make sure you understand what’s covered and what isn’t.
If you have any questions about the policy, be sure to get them answered before you close on the property. It’s essential to feel comfortable and confident with your purchase before moving forward.
5. Location, location, location
Is your title insurance agency local to New Jersey? Being able to pick up the phone and hop in your car to meet with your title insurance agency can be critical when issues arise. A company located on the other side of the country won’t have the local expertise some transactions require. If possible, find an agency familiar with your state and county.
The most significant financial investment you may ever make is buying property. And if you’re working with an exceptional title insurance agency, your buying experience will be smooth.
At Cortes & Hays, we have been making real estate transactions smooth for over 50 years. If you have questions or need help with your real estate closing, get in touch with us today!