Your Title Insurance Agency in New Jersey for 50+ Years
Your Complete resource for real estate transaction
GET EXPERT SERVICE FROM OUR TITLE AGENCY IN NEW JERSEY
Whether you’re buying, selling or leasing a property, you’ll want a full-service, customer-focused title agency in New Jersey by your side. Cortes & Hay Title Agency has more than 50 years of experience serving clients throughout all of the counties in New Jersey with two convenient locations in Flemington and Hoboken. You can come to us with complete confidence that we’ll handle your title services promptly and correctly.
Get in touch with us today to get started.
What is Title Insurance?
Title insurance protects lenders and property owners from financial losses that may occur due to property title defects. The coverage provided by a title insurance policy is typically decided at the time of purchase and can vary depending on the type of policy and the insurer. However, most policies will cover losses that occur as a result of:
- Undiscovered defects in the title to the property
- Liens or encumbrances on the property not disclosed at the time of purchase
- Forgery or fraud associated with the transfer of ownership of the property
- Errors in public records
While title insurance is not required in all states, it is recommended to protect you against defective title issues. If you are purchasing a property and elect not to purchase title insurance, you may be responsible for any title issues that surface when you try to sell the property. This could be a costly and avoidable mistake.
The Benefits of Working With a Title Agency in New Jersey
Working with a local New Jersey title agency is a smart move when it comes time to purchase a property. Here are just a few of the benefits of working locally:
- They have a deep understanding of the unique titling challenges specific to their area.
- They know most or all of the local business professionals involved in your transaction.
- They have a reputation to uphold and grow in their local community.
- They can provide peace of mind during what can be a stressful time.
Reaching anyone on your real estate team, including your title company, can be critical when things don’t go as planned. A local hand to shake or team to meet with helps everyone work together to overcome issues that may arise in the process.
What Services Can a Title Agency in New Jersey Offer?
A local title agency can offer numerous services to help individuals and businesses with their title needs. Some of the services that a local title agency can offer include:
- Title Insurance (of course)
- Escrow Services – Ensure that the funds for a real estate transaction are correctly distributed
- Closing Services – Help to finalize the real estate transaction and ensure that all the necessary paperwork is complete
- Additionally, if you are an attorney or realtor, we can custom-build our title processes around your staff’s transactional needs.
We are a full-service Title Insurance Agency located in and serving the great state of New Jersey.
Frequently Asked Questions About Title Insurance
Title insurance is a type of insurance that protects homeowners and lenders from financial loss due to defects or issues with the title to a property.
Title insurance is important because it helps ensure that the property you are buying is legally yours and that there are no outstanding liens, claims, or other issues with the title.
The buyer usually pays for title insurance, but in some cases, the seller or lender may also pay a portion of the premium.
Title insurance can protect against a variety of defects, including fraud, forgery, unpaid taxes, outstanding liens, and errors in the public record.
Title insurance lasts for as long as you own the property, and in some cases, it may also provide coverage for issues that arose before you bought the property.
Get Complete Settlement Assistance From Our New Jersey Title Agency Team
Get in touch with us to learn more about our title agency in New Jersey and how we can assist you.